6 April 2011

Early morning plod

After last night's efforts, a plod was all that I was capable of. Legs were still very tired and I had no inclination to force the matter with them. Furthermore, it was 6:00am and I wasn't capable of any rational thought, suffering still from lack of a decent sleep.

It is still dark in the morning when I leave but dawn breaks during the run now and I finish in the half-light of the morning. The weather is improving with spring well and truly started. I almost went out in a running vest but a quick check out of the bedroom window convinced me that this was still a little optimistic for this time of the year. Standard running top instead and I was off at a snail's pace for the 10km of the circuit.

Not much else to say except that at no point did I feel like increasing my snail pace as my legs were simply not up to it. Aches in the thighs and calves and general apathy all over. Even the nice path in the park that I like to accelerate along due to the very slight downhill and springiness underfoot was no temptation this morning.

10.3km in 51:50 so just over 5:00 per km. Will do better tomorrow - promise!

1 comment:

Nicolas said...

So many kilometers, so many sessions and so soon after your injury. It's very impressive, hope everything's going to be OK and that you'll reach your top shape soon.