29 April 2011

Easter Monday

Easter Monday has arrived a few days late. After our bike and run on the Sunday, Laurence and I went out for a recovery run on Monday morning.

Well, it was a recovery run for me but since we averaged 5:30 per kilometre around the usual 10km course, Laurence complained that it was no free ride for her. It was just what the doctor ordered: a beautiful morning, an easy run at a very steady pace and the prospect of an easy day ahead.

Legs felt stiff to begin with but they had improved significantly by the end of the course. Laurence is running well and it's a real pleasure to run with her and chat while she pants alongside me, unable to answer back as she's breathless.

Good start to the week. 10.1 km in 55:00 or an average of 5:28 per km.

3 comments:

Lorenza said...

I did not react after reading your previous post,although I had many reasons to, but "trop c'est trop"! I can't let you claim I'm breathless when I average 5:28/km on a 10 km run, (if I am, it is only due to your sheer presence next to me) and you have no right to say that my "biggest regret in life is not to be able to run a marathon in under 3 hours", I know my place, and my pace! My biggest regret when you ran London a few weeks ago was that YOU didn't manage to run it under three hours, since we missed a good meal at the restaurant. Try harder next time darling!! :)

Gérald said...

No answer James to Lorenza ???

James said...

I'm speechless Gérald. I'm also pleased that I've finally managed to provoke a reaction from my wife on my blog. I'm now looking forward to more contributions from Lorenza in the future.