17 May 2009

Sunday training

A round of applause and a mention in despatches from the club this morning before our training for my gold in the triathlon yesterday.

The glory was shortlived however as I set off with Bruno and Mireille for the Sunday run. We set off easily enough but then began a 14' interval at threshold followed by 4' recovery and then 16' interval again at threshold. I struggled to hold on to both Bruno and Mireille as they ran through the forest at 15km/h. This wasn't helped by having to wait for Michel, our coach, as he was left behind by the pace and nobody knew the directions to take in front.

The forest was damp from the rain and very humid. Luckily it wasn't too warm but I found the going hard nonetheless.

16 km all up in 1:32. I would have preferred a longer run at an easier pace after yesterday's efforts. Knackered now.

No comments: