24 May 2009

Easy Saturday

We were in Luxembourg this weekend to see an old friend, and as always we took our running kit with us to make the most of the trip.

I ran with Laurence to ease off the effort after the interval training during the week and particularly to rest after the hill training on Friday. We were at Olm and we ran a very straight-forward 7km as Laurence's knee began to play up after 20 minutes effort.

7.3 km all up in 40:15 or an average of 5:32 per km. Laurence was pleased as this is faster than her marathon pace.

We spent the evening in Luxembourg town centre watching the marathon and half-marathon. Have decided that Tom needs to take time off next year to run the half-marathon with us, in his godmother's home town. He is in with a good possibility of winning the event as the winner this year managed 1:13:15. I've already decided that I will benefit from a handicap of 1 minute per 1kg of weight heavier than him. I'm in with a shouting chance too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jamie,
The way I'm going, you'll be giving me a headstart.
Doesn't sound like a quick time to win in, but from memory Luxembourg is built on some pretty big hills.