22 May 2009

Hill session

I went out for a run at lunchtime today as I want to get some last hill training in before next week's fell race.

I headed out ot Grouchy Castle in Osny from the swimming pooland did a warm up of about 4 kilometres before studying the hill that I planned to run up. It's not a long hil as it only last for about 160m but it is fairly steep and enough of a challenge to wear the muscles out and get the heartrate up. I told myself that I would run up 12 times as fast as I could and then jog back down slowly.

Good reps, as I started out steadily not knowing what to expect and then sped up as I progressed. Slowed at the end due to sheer exhaustion.

Reps went as follows: 46, 45, 44, 44, 43, 43, 43, 43, 42, 43, 43, 43

Lovely day. Pleased with session as really felt the lactic build up by the end. Getting stronger.

9.5 km all up in 52:43 or an average of 5:31 per km.

No comments: