9 May 2009

Saturday run

Went for an early morning run with Nick this morning, back to the pond at Cora. I didn't have much time to run as I'd promised Laurence that I'd be back for just after 9:00 am to help her. Besides which, my legs were definitely aching from yesterday's race and my energy levels were still low despite the copious quantities of orange juice and chocolate cereal bars that I had for breakfast.

We set off steadily, but as per normal, Nick and I were soon cruising at 4:30 per km despite the aches and pains. In fact as we approached Cora, we even managed to pick up speed to 4:15 per km on my watch. Due to the lack or time, we didn't ru the 2 kilometre loop around the pond but cut back immediately up the hill to the forest house. We slowed the speed here as we were both a little tired, and I had just about had my fill of hills for the weekend. I say we were both tired but I speak for myself, Nick is in training for a 10km race next weekend and I suspect a little extra training on the side. Suffice to say, that he was doing a lot more talking than me as we ran up the slope.

We eased off until the end of the loop from then. I finished the 12.6 km in 59:05, which takes my mileage for the week to 60km, from 4 runs. The aim is to carry on consistently at this level until the Autumn and the next attempt at a marathon. Looks like it'll be La Rochelle at end November. Hotel accommodation is already booked. The challenge is on.

No comments: