4 July 2011

Easy Saturday

I decided to run with Laurence this morning and we headed out to the car park at the edge of town where she had arranged to meet a couple of her friends. We waited for a few minutes before the friends arrived. We had decided that in the eventuality of them not turning up, then we would run together towards Cora and back. This plan B was aborted when they both turned up and I now had the choice of running off on my own or taking the softer option and running with them all. I chose the soft option.

We ran down the classic route towards Cora and cut back just before the lake, cutting off 2 km from the normal route and making it a 10 km run from the car park. I had done exactly as I had been told to do and thus earned several wife credits in the process. These are not easy to win, so I was very satisfied with my day and the easy run that I'd enjoyed.

After several weeks now of training, long races and hard work during the week, it's nice to be able to ease off over the summer and relax more during the runs. Training hard is all very well when there is a clearly defined objective but to push it permanently just deadens the motivation and the pleasure of going out. I'm now on the road to recovery...

13km all up in 1:08. Very pleasant.

No comments: