3 July 2011

Early morning Thursday

I've been taking it easier now that all the major races are finished before the summer holidays and in my head I'm already winding down before the vacation. I don't want to lose all of my mileage though and I'm making a conscious effort to keep up the running if only to manage about 60 km per week before beginning some serious marathon training come September. I went out for my early morning run just to take it easy and to enjoy the morning tranquility before heading into work.

I felt good when I beagn to run and I managed to run the 1st kilometre in a little over 4:30. Encouraged by my pace and the feelings as I ran along by the river, I gradually built up speed over the course finishing in 3:50 over the last kilometre.

I was happy to feel so good running again after the effort necessary on Sunday to run in the sun.


11 km all up in 47:50 or an average of 4:21 per km.

No comments: