5 September 2009

Wet and windy

The Summer is over. Definitively. The clouds have rolled in, the temperature has dropped and all thoughts of eating outside have been postponed until next year.

Luckily, this observation could only be made around midday today, long after I'd finished the run with Nick and Andy this morning. We set off to Cora and the weather was reasonable: patches of blue sky and a light breeze. The recent rain had made the going underfoot easier than of late, with the tracks hardened by the wet sand. This made for some good going and since I hadn't been running since Wednesday, I had energy abounding and had to be reined in by the other two.

We ran the first few kilometres at 4:30 pace and then slowed down as we reached Cora with Andy peeling off to run around anti-clockwise and Nick running around with me in the other direction. We slowed down up the hill as And and Nick wanted a breather. We then ran back from La Muette at a steadier pace of around 12km/h whike Nick and I tried to convince Andy to take part in the 10km race next weekend in Conflans. Andy was having none of this and told us that he would be training instead. We have set up spied to ensure that this now occurs.

15km all up in 1:11 or an average pace of 4:46. 68 km for the week as I missed a session due to a heavy workload. Back to normal service next week.

P.S. Laurence and I consoled ourselves about the end of Summer with a trip to Planet Jogging. A session on the foot machine (universal and not pronator as I thought) and some shopping relief with a new pair of shoes for me and some Gore kit all around. Lovely !

No comments: