14 September 2009

Morning run

I went for an easy run this morning in order to loosen my legs and take it easy after yesterday's race. I was actually really looking forward to this run; to enjoy a session around Maisons Laffitte which I haven't run for a long while.

I set off early as the day was dawning, running down to the track alongside the Seine. I was just enjoying the scenery, not too bothered about the pace which started off somewhere around 4:40 per km. I think I was still waking up as I was running, as we've been having too many late nights recently and with the extra kilometres in my training schedule, I need even more sleep than usual. I ran past the racecourse at Maisons Laffitte and looked at the bushes where I was caught short last time - fond memories !

The pace was still easy and nobody was around, just a few cars heading off to work. It was only as I reached the park at ML and ran back towards the castle that I saw a few more pedestrians about, but no runners. The pace picked up slightly here as I noticed that my Garmin was showing 4:25 per km now, stretching down the gravel paths around the park. For some unknown reason, Michel's words about my running style came into my head and I concentrated on trying not to run flat but to scrape the ground as I pushed off each foot. Don't know if this helped my running but it sure helped pass the time and before I knew it I was running back through Le Mesnil in front of the church heading down to the town hall.

Home again in 59:50 for 13.4 km. Nice run, cool weather and a good stretch for the legs.

Found a few photos of yesterday's race for your enjoyment. Don't I look tired in one of them and this was after 2 km !!
At the start, chatting with Nick The St Germain runners waiting near the start line
2km - no comment!5 km - worse !

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You were in a foot race, not a cycle race! What are you doing with those shorts on!

James said...

When you're as well endowed as I am, it helps to keep everything in place when your run. Obviously, you might not understand this, not having experienced this kind of problem.

James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.