26 September 2009

Grouchy again

Making the most of my last few days in the current job by running at every lunchtime I can.

No exception this Friday with another run around the Grouchy castle grounds. I managed to catch F-X up at the end of my first loop (out of a total of 3) by pushing the pace to 4:05 per km. I ran with him for 3 km before pushing on again as he was already a couple of kilometres ahead.

I was running very well and when I hit 8.5km, I thought that I would have a chance of getting my personal best over this course. The last few kilometres were run at speed (4:08 then 4:05) as I chased the watch back to the swimming pool.

All up in 44:58 for 10.3 k or an average of 4:21 per km so just outside the fastest time recorded over the route but since I ran easily with F-X for 3 km this wasn't entirely surprising. Surprised myself by the speed I managed to record.

No comments: