27 August 2009

Late

Damn and blast. As I arrived at the club tonight, having been held up in a discussion with one of my team at work, I saw the others leaving for the evening session. I quickly grabbed some keys off Jean-Claude and changed in double quick time, hoping to catch them up.

Leaving the changing rooms behind, I ran to the end of the road, hoping to catch a sight of them as they headed into the forest but unfortunately, there was nobody to be seen. I crossed the road, narrowly avoiding a cyclist who had run the red lights, and started a zig-zag search across the whole of the forest between St Germain and Le Mesnil.

The whole session was spent searching for them at a speed of around 4:20 per km. There were slightly slower times, when I stopped to relieve myself of a late coffee from work and a couple of hills where the pace slowed to 4:40, but otherwise I was very consistent.

Towards the end, I ran around the 'Mare aux Canes' (literally the duckpond) and along the salamander trail, which we sometimes use for intervals with the club. It measures 2.6 km exactly, including the run around the outside of the pond. This should help me on the next interval session as I'm always wondering how far to go and how hard to push it around here. Knowing the exact distances should help me mentally.



14 km all up in 1:03 (including the pee stop) so not bad going. Another warm night and I arrived back home slightly dehydrated again. Looking forward to some cooler weather soon for training and racing.

No comments: