9 January 2009

Stress reliever

It's been a hell of a week workwise, coupled with the fact that the weather has been literally freezing (and I'm talking -12°C now) meant that I hadn't run all week.

Felt bad about the lack of training so as I came back from work early today, I went out on the 11 km usual course around Maisons Laffitte. The aim was just to take it easy, to release all the stress from the week and to enjoy the run.

I set off and the sun was low in the clear blue sky. The snow from the beginning of the week still hasn't melted due to the mercury remaining below zero throughout the day and dropping well below during the night. France has been using the highest levels of electricity ever recorded, just keeping the economy ticking over and letting people heat their homes at night. They've even had to import electricity which has caused a small ruckus as they're proud to be known as a net exporter usually.

I set a comfortbale pace and really enjoyed the run along by the river, letting my thoughts wander back to work and forgetting that I was even running in the first place. Very uneventful all the way around, but the fatigue could be felt in my legs and breathing by the end, despite the easy pace. I really had lost a lot of energy with the stress and lack of sleep during the week.

Finished in 48:55 at an average pace of 4:26. Good night's sleep tonight and I'll be ready fro the X-Country training with the club tomorrow morning.

No comments: