23 January 2009

20 x 200m

A speed session had been planned for the evening with Miguel. 10 x 200m off 100m rest x2 with 400m rest between the series. The weather was fairly lousy with drizzle and a bit of wind blowing. Despite this, I hadn't seen quite so many people turn out for a training session in a while. There were at least 40 people ready for the session with quite a few faces I hadn't seen before.

We warmed up over the usual course around St Germain and then straight onto the track to begin the series. Miguel laid out the same plan: the first series to be completed quickly and then the second series to be done at full speed - simple !

I set off behind Miguel, Jean-Marc and Thierry over the first few distances. Francisco and Bruno were both with me but both are still recovering from injuries. Fabrice pushed me most of the time and whenever I felt like slowing up, he was on my shoulder pushing me on. I was running the first series in 38 seconds and I felt as though I was giving it everything. On the second series, the 3 runners at the front sped up and I did too, averaging the second series in 36 - 37 seconds.

Tired at the end, but I enjoy this workout and it should stand me in good stead for the 10k at the weekend.

No comments: