27 March 2012

Recovery (and praise...)

I tried to make the most of my performance over the weekend by turning up at the club for the Tuesday session to hear everyone wax lyrical about my Ecotrail run. I ended up getting caught in a jam, turning up 5 minutes late and missing everything.

I ran a few loops around the track, just taking it easy as I wasn't able to do anything more anyway. The pain in my thighs was still present and I didn't want to push it. Plenty of people cam up to me to congratulate me on a great run, which thrilled me to bits. It's always a pleasure to be cheered on by your peers who understand the pain and the efforts necessary to complete these events.

I ended up running 9.5 km around the edge of the track in just over 57 minutes or 6:00 / km. Faster than this was just not possible. I understand why they advise to stop running for a week after a race like this.

No comments: