8 March 2012

Doubling up

I was travelling for business yesterday and I just didn't have time ot fit a run in at all so I went for an early morning recovery run in the hope that I would be able to get to the club for an evening session too.

Usual route around Maisons Laffitte to begin with and it was very pleasant outside. 12.8 km all up in 56:54 or an average pace of 4:27 and as usual it was a case of taking it slowly to begin with and then getting into my stride by the end.

I made it to the club in the evening, albeit 10 minutes late and I changed in the car and did the St Germain warm-up by myself. I didn't have a clue as to what session had been planned but I soon discovered when I got back to the track. I had the choice of joing Philippe, François and Pascal on the epic 20 x 500m (no thanks I've already given this month) or a pyramid session with Miguel of 1000, 1600, 2000, 1600, 1000 off 300 recovery. I chose the latter with reluctance.

I didn't want to bust a gut and jeopardise my chances in the race this weekend so I decided to run with the slower pack and let Jean-Marc lead at the front. I ran with Bruno, Bertrand, Gaël, Miguel and Basile and although I began at the back it wasn't long before I slipped to the front and assumed some pacing duties.

The intervals went as follows:

3:41, 5:51, 7:25, 5:55, 3:20

The last one was me having some fun with Gaël a youngster in his early twenties, showing that there's still some life in the old carcass yet.

14.3km all up in 1:08 or an average of 4:47 for the evening. Good fun and glad I took part. No sign of Nico who was busy resting for this weekend.

No comments: