22 March 2012

Easy club session

I hadn't made it out running once this week, so I was pleased to be able to get to the club on Thursday for an easy session with the guys. I wasn't bothered about not running as I was tapering before the Ecotrail but I couldn't help feeling a pang of remorse for not having been getting out before then.

I turned up with nothing special on my mind for the session. I was pleased to see François and to chat after his excellent run in Rueil where he beat 1:24 finishing 2nd in his category in the process. He was planning a 12x200m session with Nat and I was happy to join in with them.

Before starting we made the most of the evning light by all heading into the forest for the warm-up. There was a good turn-up and plentyn of discussions around the forthcoming races and the events in Aubergenville. Nico ran a good 35:17, slightly disappointed I think not to beat the 35 minute barrier and Jean-Marc pulled out, together with Ylies and Eric C. Most of best runners from the club pulled the lever, leaving Momo to rock home in 31:50, a new club record over the distance.

Back to the track and the seriousness began. Not for me, but for Nat and François who were both aiming for their 200m intervals in 38 seconds with a 100m recovery. They went as follows:

37, 37, 37, 36, 37, 36, 37, 36, 36, 36, 36, 32 (just playing for the girls!)

Recoveries were all around 50 seconds long.

10.7 km all up in 1:05. Nice, easy session as it wasn't too long but allowed me to stretch my legs for the week.

Ecotrail here we come.

No comments: