8 November 2011

Recovery run

After yesterday's race, I was expecting the worse for this morning and I wasn't disappointed.

Sometimes after a short race, I get a buzz the following few days and I'm full of energy. This didn't happen today and I'm sure that the warm-up and the warm-down combined with the race meant that I was still suffering from the total running volume of the previous day. I felt slow to begin with so I didn't push it and just took it as it happened.

I have plenty of work on at the moment so even with the early start I couldn't afford to spend too much time on my run this morning. I went around the usual loop and skipped the extra little loop in the park in Maisons Laffitte. Feeling better after 6 km, I increased the pace slightly from 4:45 / km to 4:30 per km.

All up in 47:45 for 10.4km or an average pace of 4:37 / km.

No comments: