4 August 2011

Thursday - new route

A change is as good as a rest - so the saying goes. Since I decided that I was in need of a rest, I changed my standard course for the early morning run and ran towards the town hall to begin with on leaving the house.

This was a good idea, for the first kilometre at least. I set out and took it easy, resting my knees and right thigh which is still causing me problems. The good idea turned sour at the end of the road when I had to turn right up the lane towards the church in Le Mesnil. This is a steep little slope and I dropped my pace to under 12km/h to get to the top of this uphill section before relaxing again and heading out to the forest at the edge of Maisons Laffitte / Le Mesnil.

I was back into familiar territory now and I relaxed downhill through the trees and crossed the railway line to get to Maisons Laffitte park in front of the castle. A quick loop of Avenue Albine towards the castle and back and I was back out of the park on my usual route home back over the railway, running towards Le Mesnil again up to Leader Price and along Blvd Pasteur to home.

It was a good route and made a change from the usual circuit which I know by heart now. I was very steady running every kilometre in 4:35 after the slow start. 11.3km all up in 52:12 or an average of 4:37 per km.

No comments: