12 August 2011

Early morning recovery

Boy was it tough to get out of bed this morning when the alarm rang. Summer is coming to an end and it is now definitely twilight at 6:15 am. My body was telling me to go back to bed but I'd made a commitment (both written and oral) to go for a run this morning and so I went.

It felt bad from the beginning as my right knee almost buckled under me just going down the stairs this morning. I then went out and headed off in the direction of the town hall to make a change from the normal route and to start off with a comfortable downhill section.

















I only just about managed to run this kilometre in under 5 minutes before I was heading back uphill towards the church and then on into the forest between Le Mesnil and Maisons Laffitte.

The going was tough all of the way despite the sedate pace and I could feel the tension in my right thigh and a definite weakness in the right knee. This gradually wore off as I got to 5 kilometres and I was able to run around 4:35 pace for the rest of the run. Last night's intervals and trying to follow Nico around the track had left their mark and my body was still feeling the after-effects. I ran into Avenue Albine in front of Maisons Laffitte castle and a loop of this avenue before heading back to Leader Price and the church at Le Mesnil and then home.

Arrived home decidedly tired, hot and sweaty. It began to rain just as I reached home so that's the Summer over for this year and one of the worst on record.

11.3 km all up in 52:30 or an average of 4:40 per km.

No comments: