3 August 2011

Evening club session

Manage to double up today and get out of work in sufficient time to get to the evening club session. When I turned up I saw Gérald but was disappointed he didn't have his running kit with him as he's managed to get himself injured during the holidays. I think personally that easing off the training has probably caused this and that a return to some hard marathon training will only be beneficial. Nico was also notably absent, having heard that I'd been doing so much hill training during the last couple of weeks, he decided to modify his training schedule and ran an early morning track session just to avoid me.

The turnout was fairly good considering it's the holidays and the weather is lousy. However, the rainstorm had just blown over and the temperature was around 23°C which is warmer than we've been experiencing for a while in what must be the worst Summer ever in France. Plenty of female runners all asking why Laurence wasn't there (bad knee after descending Pointe de Méribel) and Thierry, Simon, Robin, Ephrem and Alex the fastest guys at the session. The idea was to run into the forest for the warm-up and then do 2x10x 30"/30" with a 3 minute recovery between the blocks.

After our warm-up, I set off at the front with Thierry running the 30/30s. We were soon overtaken by Robin and Simon and on the second block, I could feel the lactate rising in my thighs after 5 or 6 intervals and had to ease off letting Ephrem pass me on the recoveries and just able to get in front of him on the sprints.

I suffered in the humidity and was sweating buckets by the end. Disappointed not to be closer to Thierry though as I should be sticking to him now.

10.3km all up in just under the hour. Tough going especially on top of the session in the morning.

5 comments:

Nicolas said...

I've been missing your writings dear James...
... and your great appetite for details of course!
I'm expecting the worse for yesterday session report.

James said...

I was expecting some comments from you on the Cora write-up for Saturday. I'm goading you into action here !
I still haven't summoned up the energy to write about yesterday's club session but it'll be a monster when I get around to it...

Gérald said...

Les lecteurs attendent avec impatience ...

Nicolas said...

Actually I was intending to write on Saturdays's report but I put my comment on the wrong article...

Come back gérald!

Gérald said...

I would return as soon as i could it !!!