2 August 2011

Early morning jog

A jog is all that I was able to manage today at 6:20am. I'd given myself an extra quarter hour in bed but this was vastly insufficient to catch up on the fatigue of 2 weeks sport in the Alps.

I ran around the usual route and took it very steadily for the first 5 kilometres during which I woke up. These were run at 4:50 pace on average. I then began to feel a little better and increased the pace to 4:30 speed for the next 4 kilometres before a final effort for the last slight downhill section where I was able to dig into my depths to find some untapped energy and speed : 4:17 pace. Ok - so I was exagerating for the energy and speed but the intention was there.

Still feeling the effects of the week in the Alps and a short night's sleep didn't help matters much in the healing process.

10.9km all up in 49:30 or ana average pace of 4:33 per km.

No comments: