28 August 2011

Last week's training

Not much to report for last week but I did manage to get to both club sessions (despite the heavy workload - but I've already mentioned that ;) ). It's amazing how I can manage to slip out of work to go for a run but I have a lot more trouble sitting down to write the blog. Anyway, ...

It was good to see Nico at both sessions and on Tuesday there was some attempt to get people to run 4x8' at marathon speed (José's idea in preparation for the ultra-trails coming up soon). Nico and Tom set the pace at the front and José, Nat, Simon and I followed. I pushed on to catch Nico and Tom and was running around 3:50 pace for the first interval and then 3:55 pace for the second. I didn't run any more intervals after these first two as both Tom and Nico stopped at this point and with the heat and the exhaustion, this was enough to convince me to throw in the towel too.

Thursday was more relaxing with a block of 15 x 30/30 organised by Thierry. With the upcoming race on Sunday, neither Nico or I were very motivated to make any effort and Gérald was injured, so relaxing behind. We only put a little spurt on when we took a shortcut and caught Thierry and Simon at the front and pushed them for the last 4 reps.

Saturday saw me out with Laurence and a couple of her friends as we ran towards Cora at an easy pace (5:45 average) and managed 13km before breakfast.

A very easy week which I'll need to build on now to start my marathon training shortly.

No comments: