19 June 2011

Saturday run

I'd arranged with Nico on Thursday to run with him on Saturday morning. We decided that since we were going to enter the race in Achères on Sunday that we'd give Cora a miss this weekend and take Nico's usual route through the forest to the Mare aux Canes and back. This has the advantage of being shorter than Cora as it's not quite 10km for the whole loop.

I met Nico and 8:30am and for once we managed to stick to our plans of an easy run around the forest. It was a nice morning, with the temperatures having cooled considerably since April and May. We set out easily and although we sped up towards the end, our fastest kilometre was still only 4:40 pace.

9.4 km all up in 50 minutes. It was good to work out all of the aches and pains from the last few weeks effort. However I did notice that even after this easy outing I was still sweating a lot more profusely than Nico. I put this down to the few extra kilos I'm carrying at the moment having stuffed my face all week, telling myself that I could afford to after such long runs at the weekend. The truth is  if you want to keep race fit and athletic, you have to watch what you eat all the time.

No comments: