4 December 2012

Club session - tired

Miguel's training plan for tonight was for 8 x 1' / 1' with one minute's effort off one minute recovery. It didn't sound too difficult and I was happy to go to the session, especially after the great race results this weekend, and soak up some praise.

There was an average turnout with Momo, Ilyes, Nico, Wilfried, José, François and Gérald amongst others and Sandra and Laurence with the girls. I received plenty of compliments which was great and then Miguel announced that he would be timing 10 intervals with 8 for the less enthusiastic and 2 extra for the deadly serious. I warmed up with Nico, which was really necessary since the temperature was close to freezing and I was particularly feeling the cold in my hands . We chatted about Saturday evening and the race and then it was back to the track for the evening's exercise.

Momo, and the fast guys took off (including Nico) and I ran with Wilfried and José. Those one minute sprints are a killer and I must be feeling the tiredness from 2 consecutive weekend's races as I struggled from rep 3 onwards. The pace was between 2:58 and 3:08/km for all of the reps and I was struggling to hold on by the end. José and Wilfried both came past from rep 5 onwards and I was just holding on to both of them as well as I could. A real tough session.

Thank goodness that there are only 10 of these as I would have been hard pushed to do any more. The legs were full of lactic and a nice recovery at the end helped.

 10.8 km all up in 57 minutes. Tired as hell now and looking forward to an easy week before Saturday's race.

No comments: