17 June 2012

Out and about

I spent most of the week travelling on business and as alaways I packed my running kit and trainers and made the most of the places and hotels where I was staying.

This week was mostly Lyons and Marseille :

Tuesday 12th June: my favourite run to Dardilly and back in the evening. Since I had no pressing obligation I was able to get to the very top of the hill in Dardilly beyond the church and admire the view. 15km all up and a very fast return which saw me completing the last kilometre in 3:24. Wish I could keep this up for 10km.

Thursday 14 th June : Marseill next to the airport and a very disappointing run where I struggled to find a decent road away from the traffic to run. I spent most of my time beside the airport running down the side of the runway. I'm sure there are better places to run around Vitrolles. 11 km all up in the early hours of the morning.

Friday 15th June: Headed back up to Dardilly and then explored slightly to the west getting lost in the fields and forest between Dardilly and Charbonnières. Lovely run and some steep hill training. 11 km all up at 6:00 am.

Saturday 16th June : trail training again with Nico, Pascal, Laurence, Katia and Sandra. Same route as last week up around Joyenval and along the golf course having passed under the A13. 25 km all up at a very steady pace.

Sunday 17th June: dopped Laurence off for her trip to the Auvergne and met up with Nico and his family and friends in Creteil for the marathon relay. Weather was milder than previous years and I managed to run a 8.5 leg in 31:29 before finishing with the others. A lovely meal and great fun chatting and messing around with the group. 16km in total for the day.

A total of 80 km for the week.


No comments: