5 June 2012

Doubling up

Got a good morning run in this morning around Maisons Laffitte town course. Felt good all of the way around and the kilometres went by quickly. I put this down to the race training and the speed that this brings just afterwards.
13.4 km in 55:08 so an average of 4:07 / km.

To make my day, I also managed to get out of work in time to get to the evening session. Well almost. I was a bit late but then found Michel and his group in the forest doing a 4', 6', 8', 4', 2' pyramid session. This was the group without the fastest runners from the club so I thught I would just take it easy after this morning's session. I couldn't help myself and ran to the front encouraging Philippe and Benoit over the intervals. I blasted the last couple running at 3:35 then 3:25 pace to finish.

A good session too especially with the humidity in the forest which made the effort particularly hard. 11km in 58:00 bringing the total distance to 24km for the day.

No comments: