4 June 2012

Porridge

This was what it felt like to run around town first thing this morning. My legs were heavy and I was still tired despite taking it easy all yesterday afternoon. It felt like running through porridge.

It was a lot cooler than of late and the temperature was hovering around 13°C with grey skies. Ideal conditions to be running really with no wind but when your body's had enough, it doesn't matter what the conditions are like, it's just tough moving your legs full stop.

I ran around town towards the racecourse and then through the park and back through the forest to home. I decided not to do a loop around the park to extend the run but kept it short and sweet. The pace started at 4:45/km and I finished at 4:20/km by the time my legs had eased slightly and overcome the heaviness of the start.

11km all up in 50:20 or 4:35/km on average. Thought about yesterday's race and realised that it was a new PB for a 15km course so cheered me up considerably ;)

4 comments:

Lorenza said...

3:35/km, are you SURE?
Lorenza

James said...

A bit slow but it was a recovery run...
Mistake corrected. Good job some of you are attentive!

Nicolas said...

My dream is to run recovery run at 3'35"/k...

Gérald said...

My dream is to run again at 3'35"/k or not ...

Good job for your new PB.