14 May 2012

Recovery run

I woke up with stiff thighs from the ekiden yesterday. I'm not used to racing the 10 km distance and I was paying for yesterday's efforts. Still, I needed to put some mileage in and a little run around town couldn't do any harm, could it ?

I ran the usual route around Maisons Laffitte kust taking it steady and forcing myself not to look at the Garmin as I ran. I really wanted to relax and enjoy myself and I knew that as soon as I looked at the splits on the watch, I would push myself just to run that little bit faster.

Beautiful morning again and a real pleasure to be out. I bumped into Sylvie in the park and she was looking good despite her injury so I ran a couple of kilometres with her before heading our different ways. I ran back through the forest to make a change and to enjoy the early morning daylight now that spring has arrived.

13.2 km all up in 57:24 or an average pace of 4:22 / km. Not bad for a recovery run without looking at the Garmin. Alright, so I might have had a peek every now and then, but who's watching...?

No comments: