16 December 2010

Thursday club session

Managed to make it to the club session tonight and there was a fairly good turnout with Miguel taking the session for the faster runners and Michel the slower section.

Our planned session was 1km, 2km, 1km, 1km off 300m rest. The weather was lousy with 5°C but a bitter wind and horizontal rain. We warmed up around St Germain and Jean-Marc, Nico, Gérald and myself left most of the other runners behind as we ran out at around 5:30 pace. The rest of the group was running a minute per kilometre slower.

Mireille, José, Mohammed and Bruno were also there but Bruno was taking it easy as he's still recovering from his 2 marathons. Still no sign of Nick who is probably still out with his back injury. Hope to see him back in training soon.

We set off for the first kilometre and I ran to the front for the first 400 metres and then let Nico come past, closely followed by Gérald. We were running this first km at max VO2 pace and I managed to finish in 3:25 (not exact as I messed up with the Garmin).

Next up was the 2km which I ran in 7:14, just managing to hold off José this time. But by the end of this one I was cooked and the recovery time was feeling very short. I suffered on the next kilometre but still managed to run this in 3:36 however a long way behind both Nico and Gérald.
The final kilometre, I had Mireille tailing me and I just managed to hold her off over the last 200 metres to finish in 3:35.

A really good quality session and I was pleased with my performance, even if I trailed both Gérald and Nico by a way. José and Jean-Marc were just ahead but I'm sure that my performance is better than at the same time last year.

12 km all up in 1:01 or an average pace of 5:07 per km.

Best part of the evening was after the race with a drink to celebrate the succesful Corrida that we held in St Germain and to thank all the volunteers for the marshalling and supporting the event. Delphine let us into the secrets of how she managed to obtain such a cushy timetable at her school. Sorry but the details are too sordid to be revealed here !

6 comments:

delphine said...

James, I've just read this and laughed ... but, what are your readers going to think about me ? Let me reassure my international fans : there are no details about my life that are too sordid to be revealed ! I was just trying to make myself interesting after drinking too much Bordeaux, and James is pretending he believed me to get people to read his blog ... How unfair ;-)

Gérald said...

Pour moi gossip (s) c'est http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uorKDGU7O1w&ob=av2e

Je me suis encore trompé de traduction mince alors ...

@nicolas: Si tu es aussi réactif sur le blog de james qu'au 10 km , tu devrais enfin pouvoir faire un temps à houilles ;)

@james: tes temps de passage sont ceux d'un coureur en 36'50 vu le vent qu'il y avait.Je suis pas aussi loin que tu le pense 3'21, 7'10 , 3'33 , 3'27 sur la séance.

Nicolas said...

@Gerald It hurts! Let's fight in Houilles.
@Delphine. Don't be rude. I've nothing to do with an Englishman:o)
You must be mistaken.

delphine said...

Who are you then ? I thought you were Niok ! Are you Nicolas Rousseau ? I'm puttig two and two together now concerning some insinuations you recently made ... By the way, don't feel insulted, I like English people very much, and besides, you have nothing to envy them, you run really fast too ;-)

Nicolas said...

You got it!
Nicholas ---> Nick
Nicolas ---> Nico
Dangers of the internet!

James said...

Delphine - flattery will get you nowhere "You run really fast too". It's Nico you're talking about - when he finally beats my record over 10k, then he can be considered fast.

Nico - don't be insulted. The fact that you were considered an Englishman is probably the biggest compliment you're ever likely to receive.