20 February 2010

Week 7

Another week into the training schedule for the marathon. Time passes so quickly at the moment that I find it hard to beliwe that I've already finished the third week's training. So how did it go.

Sunday - Ran over to the club to run the Sunday course with the others. It was a long run with 3 intervals planned of 12', 15', then 12' off 3' rest. I started well, running at about 3:48 pace for the first interval. Second interval was longer and harder and I was at about 3:54 pace when disaster struck and I fell down on the ice going around a corner. I came down hard on my side and totally winded myself and restarting I didn't have the same energy or motivation. The last interval I struggled again as Mireille and Bruno were ahead and I was running now at around 4:04 pace. Ran back home to complete 27 km all up.

Tuesday (skived Monday as tired) - Early morning intervals of 4x 1500m off 3 minute recovery. Ran each interval at 3:52 pace and was very steady. Hard work by myself but pleased to achieve the session as planned.

Wednesday - Early morning recovery run of 11km around the park and down by the town-hall.

Friday - More intervals planned. 10 x 400m off 100m recovery. Schedule stated to run at 1:35 per interval. I ran all in and around 1:31 so at about 16km/h. Didn't feel too tiring a session and probably could have run a few more. 10 km all up.

Saturday - A lovely daylight run (!) with Nick to Cora and back. First sign of sunlight in my training schedule this week which made a change. Weather was slightly warmer too at around 2°C but the ground was still frozen in the forest. 15km all up in 1:11 which is a good average time for the Cora run. Nick is back from injury and beginning to run well again. I felt good this morning so I hope that this bodes well for tomorrow's cross-country race. Can't say that I'm really looking forward to it.

74km all up for the week.

No comments: