20 February 2010

Week 6

Still finding it hard to find the time to write up my runs. Work is extremely intense and if I'm not working then I'm sleeping or running. Life needs to slow down a little if I'm not going to burn out in the next few months.

Still doing the marathon training schedule and I set off on my second week of the training after the cross country race on the Sunday.

Monday morning - 11km around through the park and down by the town-hall at an easy pace. Recovery session after the race.

Tuesday- Long intervals first thing in the morning. Short warm-up followed by 2 x 3km off 400m recovery at marathon pace. Normal route through the park for 10km.

Wednesday - Recovery run around the park for 11km first thing in the morning. Easy pace.

Thursday - Club session which had been officially cancelled but for which 20 odd people turned up anyway. Warm up around St Germain followed by 6 x 1000m off 2 minutes recovery around the outside of the stadium. Nico, José, Thierry were ahead and I couldn't stay with them. Miguel and Bruno were just behind at about my pace but off longer recoveries. Good session. Km intervals were run in 3:34 - 3:45 pace. 14 km all up.

Saturday - Race. Race report follows in separate message.

61 km all up for the week.

No comments: