7 February 2010

Week 5

Another tough week at work and the start of my marathon training for the Paris Marathon in April. Thierry, club president, had created training schedules catering for just about everyone from the club who is entered. Schedules from 2:45 ambitions to 4:00 ambitions.

I started on the 3:00 schedule.

Sunday, I ran with the club again. I ran 5k to the clubhouse and then we set out ot the Joyenval golf course and ran around the back of the course in 2x15 minute workouts off 3 minutes rest. I didn't push too hard on the first interval, letting José, Nico and Thierry go closely followed by another good new runner, Olivier. Olivier owns the running shop in Sartrouville, where I bought Laurence's Gore top for Christmas. I figured that if I let him stay ahead I might get a better deal next time. In fact, with Régis and Miguel pushing me from behind and Olivier coming back towards us on the uphills, I began to move a little quicker. The second interval was even better, as we finished the hills shortly into the interval and then we ran down some slopes and along the flat to finish the session. I felt great and both Régis and Nico finsihed behind me on this one as I caught back my breath and started running easier. A quick run home for a 28k workout.

Tuesday, I began the marathon schedule with 2x2k supposed to be run at threshold - 5 seconds. Threshold is around half-marathon pace so I set out with the intention of running just under 4:00 per km pace. I managed the first interval in 8:05 (due to the slight uphills on this section) and then 7:52 for the second. So pretty pleased overall. 10k in 45:19.

Wednesday recovery 10k in 44:38. Felt easy.

Thursday: club session and 12x1x1 was programmed. Luckily, runners particpating in the corss championships on Sunday were excused and allowed to reduce the number of reps. I ran 8, reaching about 19-20km/h for each interval. It was hard work though and only José, Nico and Adrien were there to push me on. Régis refused to particpate as he didn't want to compromise his race performance in the cross-country.

A shortened, easy run towards Cora with Nick and Andy this morning to wind up the running for the week. 11k only today as I din't want to overdo if before the race tomorrow and Andy and Nick are still both recovering (Andy from the flu and Nick from back pain)

69km for the week.

No comments: