8 December 2009

Early start

I want to get back into a routine (and that includes writing up my blog regularly!) with my weekday runs and decided that today was the day. The alarm rang at 6:00am and I almost changed my mind about going out. Laurence tried to convince me to stay in bed but I knew that this was the devil talking so I got up, got dressed and left.

It was very dark outside, with a clear sky and little wind. It wasn't that cold either so I was happy since I'd left my headband to keep my ears warm inside anyway. I set off at ran at what I felt was a very comfortable pace. After Sunday's experience, I didn't want to be pushing myself again as there's only so much pain that a body can take.

As I ran I felt very good and the time went by quickly. I was probably half-asleep all the way around the course as I ran through the park at Maisons Laffitte and back to the church in Le Mesnil. I looked out for Andy as it was Tuesday morning but there was no sign of him. I'm a little concerned about his training programme before this Sunday's race in Issy les Moulineaux.

So a great run all of the way around the streets of Maisons Laffitte and really pleased when I got back to the house as I felt so much better than the last training session. The legs felt slightly lethargic but no aches and pains so this is already a vast improvement.

10.2km in 45:17 or an average pace of 4:27. Not a bad pace either for an easy run.

No comments: