9 April 2009

Back on track

Well, we didn't actually go to the track tonight as it was a long interval session in the forest around St Germain. The weather was perfect this evening at around 22°C and a lovely sun in the sky.

With the combination of a delightful evening and three days rest, I couldn't resiste the urge to go the club training session tonight and meet up with the others who'd run the Paris Marathon. Unfortunately, there wasn't a large turnout tonight with many still resting. Philippe and Nick were there and I ran most of the session with them.

The proposed session was 4x5 minute intervals at 10km pace. I just ran slowly with Philippe while the others took off and we caught them during the recovery periods. Philippe was tired and headed back after 2 intervals while I continued, admittedly getting a little carried away and trying to keep up with Nick on the last one. It was when I stopped for the recovery that I realised just how tired I was. Ran slowly back to the clubhouse where we met up with Laurence and Christèle who had run back after the first 25 minutes.

13.1 km all up in 1:25 so not exactly fast. Skiing next week and a week off running probably. I might take my kit just in case of an emergency ! Snow is still looking good in Serre Chevalier.

No comments: