17 August 2008

Sunday run

Impressive tally from GB on the medal table whereas France are stuck on 3 golds and despite collecting a large number of silver and bronze are no longer in the top ten.

It was with thoughts of the ladies marathon in my head that I set off this morning on the Sunday run. I wondered how Paula would be doing, coming back from injury and trying to run in the heat and pollution of Beijing.

My own run was fairly straight-forward. The usual route through the forest with Ralf and Laurence for the Summer turnout. An easy run but I could feel that my legs were still tired from the last few days efforts. 11.9km in 54:49. I'm running better than ever but I stil have days when it all feels a lot harder than others - today was one of those.

I imagine that it felt the same for Paula. 23 in 2:32 - a good time for a female athlete but 15 minutes off her own record. She'll be ready in 4 years time in London.

No comments: