10 August 2008

Sunday run

Having come back from the holidays, I thought that I would get back into my old routine as quickly as possible and so headed out to the church at Le Mesnil le Roi for 9:15 am for the usual run with the group.

Laurence stayed in bed, feeling under the weather, and due to it being mid- August, it was no surprise that no-one else was there so I set off on my own.

Whether it was the result of the exercise at altitude, or the rest from running that I'd had over the last few days, I felt really strong at the beginning of the run today. My legs felt very good and the breathing wasn't too laboured despite the fairly fast pace that I was achieving. I reached the half-way point in 25:16 for 5.9 km so an average of 4:18 per km. This was good for a run through the forest.

The second half, I slowed slightly as I tired around the 9km mark. This was done at an average of 4:25 per km pace and then a sprint finish along the road to complete the run in 54:04 or an average of 4:20 per km over the whole route of 12.5 km.

The weather was perfect with a nice drizzle falling as I ran through the trees and a temperature of around 20°C. What a change from last week with the blazing sun and temperatures in the high 20°s to 30°C. Welcome home !


Ps. Tom - here's a recent photo of Dad just to prove that you look far more like him than I do. It's all in the shoulders !!


No comments: