9 April 2012

Easter Monday

I made the most of the Easter holiday to go for a long run again this morning. The idea was to put in some kilometres at an easy pace and to enjoy a later start to the day compared to usual.

I ran out of the house in the direction of Corra. My idea was to run the same route as a few weeks ago, heading out to Corra and then back through the forest along the wall towards Maisons Laffitte before finishing with lap in front of the castle and alongside the Seine back to the house. The run started well enough with no apparent signes of tiredness in my legs after yesterday and I enjoyed the route down to Corra.

I had put on my Gore over-jacket again this morning and regretted this by the time I reached Corra. I was too warm with the temperature hovering around the 12°C mark. I had increased my pace from 4:30 to start with to 4:10 - 4:15 pace now. There were plenty of other runners around as they were all enjoying their day off by putting in a bit of exercise. I slowed down back from Corra as I began to pay for my relatively fast start. I ran a few kilometres at around 4:20 - 4:25 pace before raching Maisons Laffitte park where I picked up the rhythm again.

I ran a loop of the park in front of the castle before heading down to the Seine and running alongside the river. I went through the half-marathon point in 1:32 and then struggled the last couple of kilometres into the wind and uphill to home.

23km all up in 1:40 so an average pace of 4:24/km. Good start to the week which will be a bit disturbed with business travel. Met Caro on the way back who told me that Nico was busy playing tennis on the playstation. When it comes to the crunch, he just can't take the pace...


No comments: