21 March 2010

Weak week 11

After last Sunday's race, it was always going to be hard to fin the motivation immediately to get going again. This wasn't made any easier by a taxing week at work and having to travel to Madrid for business. So Monday morning it was up really early to catch a plane rather than go for my usual morning run.

Tuesday 16/03 - Finished the business presentation and decided to make the most of the clement Madrid weather and the sunshine to go for a run in the evening. After 2 days of inactivity, I had loads of running in my legs. I thought I was running easily until I looked at the Garmin to see that I was running at 4:15 per km pace. I headed out on the main road of town looking for some countryside and ended up at the airport ! I ran around the perimeter of the airport for 5km and then turned back. 10km all up in 43:20 and tired by the end.

Wednesday - Got up early to use the treadmill and found that it was already occupied. Did a little cycling on the machine and then jumped on the treadmill when it was free. Managed 6 km at 13km/h as a recovery run.

Thursday - Back at home and an early start to do the marathon schedule for the day: 15 x 200m in 43 seconds. 200m recovery. An easy enough plan but it was hard enough to fin the speed at the start of the session. Fastest 200m in 38 seconds but most around the 40 second mark. 12 km all up for the run in 55:16.

Friday - early morning recovery run. Steady pace just to get the tiredness out of my legs. Not easy as the events of the week had been tiring and the late nights and early morning were beginning to take their toll. 13 km all up in 56:53.

Saturday - back to Cora by myself as Andy and Nick were both indisposed. I took it very calmly to begin with and then got into a rhythm of about 4:20 per km. Tired again by the end of the run, the half-marathon really drained me and the exertions were hard going. 15 km in 1:08:34 or an average of 4:30 per km.

Ended the week with a total mileage of just over 80km. Not bad considering I didn't manage a long run on the Sunday.

No comments: