8 January 2013

More intervals

Regular Tuesday night club session with a strong attendance this evening. All the regulars were there. In fact anybody who counts was there, with the notable exception of Jean-Marc. Miguel had some more fartlek planned for us with 2 blocks of 7 x 1'/1' but since I was still negotiating the participation in the Berlin marathon for September 2013, I missed the brief.

I ran the warm-up with François who is getting stronger and stronger in swimming for the June Ironman, while I'm getting more and more worried and not doing much about it for the moment. So how will this Ironman go ? Well if I manage not to drown in the Mediterranean during the 3.8km swim, I'll probably collapse of heat exhaustion following François' rear wheel on the 180km bike ride but I should at least be able to complete the marathon if I get that far. François is putting me to shame so I need to pull my finger out and get to the pool and on my bike.

François followed Katia and Laurence on their trail training half-way round the warm-up while I headed back with the others to the track. I hesitated for a while about the fartlek before following Nico around the track on his 10k preparation with a 4 x 1000m session off 2' recovery. He set off like a bullet and left me in his wake and it was all I could do to struggle around 60 - 70m behind him.

The intervals went as follows:

3:19, 3:24, 3:23, 3:27

I was pretty consistent and pleased with the result. I was feeling the lactic on the last interval but closing on Nico which cheered me up. I probably could have managed another 2 at the same pace as the last.

11.5k all up in 1:15.

No comments: