11 December 2011

Sunday run

Turned up at the club intending just to see the others and to take it easy. Miguel announced the session : 3 x 10' at threshold pace. I decided there and then that I would jog these intervals and catch the others while they were recovering.

There was a big turnout and Anis, Ylies, Nico, Gérald, Simon, Bruno etc. were all there. We warmed up easily and then the intervals began. I let myself be overtaken by everyone and ran at the back, picking up my jogging speed so as not to lose touch with everybody completely. Nico ran off to the front to challenge the leaders whereas I watched runners I don't normally run with overtake me and pull ahead.

By the second interval I'd had enough of this and pushed on slightly harder catching Régis and Bruno in the process and pulling Mireille on over the end of the interval. Gérald had given up mentally and was running behind me now. Then on the third interval, I gave it a bit more effort as I was back into the groove by now and chased down Nico who'd gone off too hard over the first two and was now paying the price. We were running at about 15.5km/h through the forest and this felt hard after all of my recent efforts. I was glad when it stopped to be frank.


16.5 km all up in 1:30 so no great shakes for the average time but it was good to be abck at the club and running with the others.

No comments: